We’re experienced Sage 50 and Sage 200 (previously known as Sage 50cloud, Sage 200cloud, Sage 200c) consultants, with an excellent understanding of accounts, processes and people. Calm, capable, occasionally world weary. Almost certainly able to help with your Sage 50 or Sage 200 “challenge”.
We look for root cause fixes to Sage 50 and Sage 200 problems. Often we find that all that’s been missing is:
- Reviewing multiple problems or multiple occurrences of a single problem together, rather than tackling each in isolation
- Enough knowledge to understand the problem accounting or business terms, and match that to Sage 50 or Sage 200
- Or a willingness to work with others, whether that’s the network support team or a third party software supplier
Parachuted in and need help
If you are newly responsible for a team using Sage 50 or Sage 200, then we can:
- Rapidly brief you on Sage 50 and Sage 200, and help you assess how well they’re matched with the organisation
- Look for and, where available, implement some quick improvements
- Help you plan a course to steady the boat if it’s rocking
- If you’re new to Sage 200 and a qualified accountant, and starting a new job or assignment, then we’re happy to give you a quick start via an out of hours phone call free of charge
Implementation gone wrong
Sage 200 implementations sometimes go wrong. We’re surprised at how basic the symptoms of failure can be: sales and purchase ledger balances rather than open transactions migrated; reconciliations not done as data is migrated; core reports taking an age to run.
We’re used to turning implementation projects around:
- Whether that just needs better Sage 200 skills or identification and resolution of problems on the client side of the project
- We start by ensuring that the basics, whether that’s: data migration; appropriate training; design of coding to allow required reports; or ensuring timescales and expectations are realistic
- We understand the need to gain (regain) confidence from the wider business very early in the turnaround.
We offer balm. We usually deliver it, because we are:
- Adept at getting to the root cause, and then cutting through problems
- Confident enough to say when the issues are organisational rather than with Sage or the project
- Not just experienced with Sage 50 and Sage 200, but understand accounting and process issues
We can’t promise balm, though, not least because sometimes budget isn’t sufficient or because the problems are largely client side and there isn’t the will to resolve them. What we do promise is to be clear very early about how likely we are to bring it.