What is Sage 50?
Sage 50 is a market-leading accounts software package within the UK and Ireland, suited to small to medium sized manager-owned businesses and similarly sized not-for-profits.
In terms of product complexity, Sage 50 sits above Sage Accounting (and no longer available products Sage One and Instant Accounts) but below Sage 200 within the Sage product family. Sage 50 comes in two variants (Standard and Professional) with additional features as you go up through the range: if you have more than 2 users, trade in foreign currencies or buying and selling stock then you’d need Professional.
Key benefits of Sage 50
- Easy to set up: Download straight to your PC. Sage 50 is easy to install and customise to your particular requirements, with setup wizards provided to help.
- Flexible: Additional companies and user licences can easily be added
- User friendly: With a clear and intuitive layout and the additional of helpful videos covering many core tasks, Sage 50 is designed to be accessible and straightforward to use, even for non accountants.
Key features of Sage 50
Sage 50 offers simple, easy to use ways of managing your accounts:
- Finances and currencies: Simple financial reporting, bank reconciliations and foreign currency transaction handling
- Customers: Print or email invoices and statements, built in credit control functionality
- Suppliers: Rapid invoice entry, keep on top of payments due
- Stock: Purchase and sales order processing modules integrate with the stock module for buying and selling stock. Products module includes key reports for stock control. Bill of materials functionality.
- Bank: keep on top of bank reconciliations, e-banking options.
- VAT: VAT returns are automatically calculated and verified, can be adjusted as required and then submitted directly to HMRC from your software.
- Sagecover: Sage provide direct support for all core Sage 50 functionality as well as software updates as part of their Sagecover offering.
Further help and advice
Please call or email us for an initial discussion, for a web demonstration or to arrange an initial meeting to discuss your requirements in detail.