Is Sage 200cloud for you
As a guide, new Sage 200cloud users typically have one or more of the following characteristics:
- Turnover of £2-40M (although turnover is a crude indicator)
- Sage 50cloud (previously known as Sage 50) users that are about to outgrow (or have already outgrown) it
- Professionally managed organisations, with the finance team led by a qualified accountant
- A need for accounts to underpin and tightly integrate with other departments across the business
- Users of other mid range accounts software with doubts about the long term commitment of their software supplier
- Startups that plan on rapid growth
- Subsidiaries of larger groups or foreign companies
- Medium and larger non-profits
For an answer tailored to you though, please contact us. From the start you’ll be dealing with our Sage200cloud implementation team, so you are assured of reliable, straight-forward advice.
Sage 50 upgraders
Sage 200cloud has two faces. One might be described as “Sage 50 plus” and is focussed on non profits and businesses upgrading from Sage 50 / Sage 50 cloud.
- Strong family resemblance, so that Sage 50 users find it easy to switch
- Overcomes many of the pinch points that more demanding Sage 50 users experience
- The impact of changing from Sage 50 can be limited, by just running Sage200 cloud as “Sage 50 plus”
The essential starting point for Sage 50 upgraders, though, is deciding whether you want “Sage 50 plus” or Sage 200cloud as the foundations for future growth. Read more in our guide here.
Strong foundations and tailored solutions
Sage 200cloud’s foundations are highly structured, rich and deep (accounts and other business) data. It’s built from the ground up to be customised and integrated with other systems. It can grow with you all the way from startup to a group of companies with a finance team of 50.
The rich data it holds means that you get clear, reliable information to guide your decisions. And that decision making information can keep pace comfortably as your business grows or changes.
Customisation and integration means that Sage 200cloud can fit your business without compromise.
- Customisation allows changes to the behaviour of standard Sage 200cloud screens, and adding bespoke screens that look and feel exactly like standard Sage 200cloud.
- Integration allows Sage 200cloud to sit at the heart of your other business software, whether that’s eCommerce, EDI, an outsourced warehouse or any other “line of business” software.
- Third party addons to Sage
Cloud or on premise
The “cloud” in Sage 200cloud mainly refers to integration with Microsoft Office 365 (which, for example, allow access to Sage 200cloud information from Outlook).
Sage 200cloud can be run:
- At your premises – this is the traditional way of running accounts software
- Online – Sage look after the data and Sage 200cloud can be accessed from anywhere.
- It can also be hosted in a data centre or in clouds such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure – middle ground between on premise and cloud.
We generally advise using only Sage 200cloud Online if you have a small number of users or have lots of small offices, but please contact us to discuss whether on premise, hosted or online is best for you.
Please call or email us for an initial discussion or to arrange an initial meeting for a detailed discussion of your requirements.
As we understand your objectives and the business context, we will advise whether Sage 200cloud is a good match. We will also be able to advise whether the project should go ahead now, or simply be part of your planning for the future.