Integrating with Sage 50cloud (now known as Sage 50 and previously known as Sage 50c and Sage Line 50) can significantly extend its capabilities allowing, among many others:
- Automatic creation of sales orders from your web shop
- Integration with your outsourced warehouse
- Integration with specialist software whether specific to your industry or even bespoke
What’s possible isn’t necessarily wise. If you need integration with Sage 50cloud, particularly if you need more than one integration, we always help you assess whether: the benefits outweigh the costs and risks; and whether an upgrade to Sage 200cloud (or other software) is a better solution.
Supplied as standard with Sage 50cloud
Sage 50cloud comes as standard with import capabilities that allows some integration with other software. The standard import capabilities can only be run manually, and they can’t be automated. If you’re satisfied with integration that only brings Sage 50cloud up to date periodically, then the standard Sage 50cloud import capabilities may well be fine.
You’ll need custom integration with Sage 50cloud for:
- Live or automatic updates
- Integration of data (such as sales orders) that’s not covered by the standard Sage 50cloud imports
- Reading data back from Sage 50cloud
Third party addons
Integrating with Sage 50cloud using a third party addon is always better than having custom software written for you. It’s cheaper and the third party addon is already proven. We use addons from Adept Computer Support as their products are straight-forward, flexible, inexpensive and widely used.
When integrating with Sage 50cloud with third party addons, we bring the same understanding of accounting principles and processes that underpins our fully custom projects.
Custom integration allows:
- Import of types of data that standard Sage 50cloud imports don’t allow, such as sales and purchase orders
- Imported data to be read back, so that importing can become a process including checks and controls
- Automation of imports so that Sage 50cloud data can be created and updated in real time
It’s sometimes appropriate for the integration to be fully custom. However, we always first consider a combination of custom software with a third party addon, as when practical this gives the best combination of flexibility, cost and risk.
Software vendor looking for a Sage partner
If you’re a supplier of sector specific or other specialist software looking to integrate with Sage 50cloud (or one of its predecessors), then we’re here to help. We can help you:
- Understand what can and can’t be achieved through Sage 50cloud integration
- Design the software architecture for sending data to and receiving it back from Sage 50cloud
- Understand what accounting information must be provided as part of the integration