Sage 200cloud is designed for integration and customisation (indeed this is one of the key differences compared to Sage 50cloud). This was also true of earlier versions known as Sage 200c, Sage 200 and Sage MMS.
What can Sage 200cloud integration and customisation achieve
Short answer, most things. Long answer, the challenge is to know where to begin, certainly the list includes:
- Automation of pretty much anything that you can achieve manually in Sage 200cloud. For example integration will allow other business software to create sales orders, despatch them, print invoices, email invoices to customers, and post the invoices – all as a single step.
- Changing standard Sage 200cloud screens (where changing might be swapping for a drop in replacement) to speed up data entry or to enforce business rules. For example sales order entry might be modified so that prices are calculated according to your particular business rules and, say, point of sale material added relevant to the products ordered
- Adding screens, reports and integration for organisation / business specific capabilities, that fit entirely within Sage 200cloud and look and behave just like it
- Adding extra fields to pretty much any standard Sage 200cloud data. For example tagging sales ledger and cash book transactions with identifiers that cross reference to other business software
Third party addons
The power and flexibility of Sage 200cloud customisation has resulted in many third party addons.
The advantage of third party addons is that they are off the shelf, and so less expensive than custom software and well proven. When looking at customisation requirements we always look first at what third party addons are available.
Available third party addons include (among many others):
- Support for inter-company transactions
- Web based purchase order approval (with more flexible rules and routing than Sage 200cloud offers)
- Amazon MarketPlace integration
- EDI integration
We also have our own range of Sage 200cloud addons (some replacing standard Sage 200cloud functions with more feature rich equivalents, others adding new capabilities) including:
- Nominal journal imports – supporting journals with VAT, and per day balancing of journals
- Sales and purchase order imports
- Bulk management of Sage 200cloud accounting periods
Bespoke Sage 200cloud customisation
Protronics has all the experience you’re likely to need of: analysis of requirements; process design matched to accounting understanding; writing; and support of bespoke solutions for Sage 200cloud (and all its predecessors, starting with Sage Line 100 in the early 1990s). We’ve done most things, and more particularly we have an established record of competently doing new things when needed.
Our experience means that any software we create for you will be robust from a process and accounting perspective. As importantly we’re always happy to discuss the business and IT risks associated with custom projects, so that you can judge when they don’t outweigh the benefits a project will bring.
To take things further, please email or call us and ask to speak to our development team leader.