Sage software is very capable and offers a rich set of features, but still there are times when customisation is needed, particularly for integrating with other software. It is possible to integrate with Sage 50cloud (previously known as Sage 50 or Sage Line 50), Sage 200cloud (previously known as Sage 200 or Sage MMS), Sage Payroll among others.
Protronics has the experience and expertise to make Sage integration happen. We start by understanding your business objectives and the business process you want to follow. Both off the shelf products for integrating with Sage and bespoke software are considered, before advising you of the preferred solution. Finally we complete the technical implementation and support the implementation of the business processes.
To start the discussion about integrating with Sage please call and ask to speak to our software team leader or email us.
Integrating with Sage 50cloud
Sage 50cloud comes with a number of features that allow or assist with integration, including the ability to import sales, purchase and nominal ledger transactions. The most commonly requested integration is loading sales orders or sales invoices, and there are a number of off the shelf products that enable this.
Custom solutions to importing sales orders into Sage 50 are nevertheless often needed, typically because of the need to implement business rules or map data. One of our Sage 50 integration projects, for example:
- Takes orders from an American web site / ecommerce platform
- Creates new customer accounts as necessary, basing the account number on the customer name
- Deals with the possibility of differences between part numbers used on the web site and in Sage 50
- Checks the delivery country and adjusts net pricing depending on whether VAT is chargeable or not
Integrating with Sage 200cloud
Sage 200cloud has more sophisticated integration options than Sage 50, in line with the general difference between Sage 50cloud and Sage 200cloud. In particular Sage 200cloud integration supports and enforces business rules (for example it’s possible to say create a sales order for this customer with so many of this part number, and the pricing will be determined exactly as in Sage200cloud itself).
One of our Sage 200 integration projects, for a franchise:
- Reads Sage 50 sales invoices from a company owned franchise, which are emailed as “XML” attachments
- Creates a Sage 200 sales order, setting purchase order number and order analysis fields appropriately
- Emails the order processing team with details of orders created and any problems
It’s not just possible to integrate with Sage 200cloud, it’s also possible to customise it. Sage 200cloud customisation brings great flexibility, such as:
- Tailoring of standard screens to the exact behaviour you need (perhaps by adding prompts during sales order entry to support per customer requirements)
- Addition of features to speed up data entry (for example support for copying and pasting purchase order lines from Microsoft Excel)
- Drop in replacements which look identical to standard Sage 200cloud screens, but which behind the scenes implement your specific business rules
- Addition of completely new screens, similar in appearance and behaviour to standard Sage200cloud screens (for example a screen for tracking orders on overseas suppliers from when the order is placed to when it’s received by your warehouse )
Integrating with Sage Payroll
It is more unusual to integrate with Sage Payroll. We advise that Sage Payroll integration is limited to automating the processes associated with weekly and monthly payroll runs, such as loading employee and payment details, leaving Sage Payroll to it’s core task of performing payroll calculations.
One of our Sage 50 Payroll integration projects:
- Allows the rapid entry of temp staff details, rates and time worked
- Checks entries against recharges to clients
- Sends time worked into Sage Payroll, so automating the entry of timesheet details